CHC53315 Diploma of Mental Health – 4Life College (ALG/ Australian Learning Group)
There is a growing demand for qualified and skilled professionals in the field of mental health. Research shown that one in five Australian adults experience mental illnesses such as anxiety, mood disorder and substance use disorder every year.
If you are looking to help others and make a difference in their lives, Diploma of Mental Health at 4Life college is the course for you. The course combines classroom learning and 400 hours of practicum placement to prepare students for a successful and fulfilling career in this complex industry.
4Life College is part of Australian Learning Group, a registered training organisation with over 15 years of experience in the industry. They specialise in accredited Health and Community Services related courses with campuses in Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane and Perth. 4Life offers Learning Support classes and Counselling Support to help students with their academic progress as well as mental and emotional wellbeing during study.
Where is the campus address?
Level 1/ 333 Kent St, Sydney, NSW 2000
Level 6/ 601 Bourke St, Melbourne, VIC 3000
How do I start?
What will you study?
As part of the study program, students will be taught to:
- Provide recovery oriented mental health services
- Assess and promote social, emotional and physical wellbeing
- Provide services to people with co‐existing mental health and alcohol and other drugs issues
- Implement trauma informed care
- Provide early intervention, health prevention and promotion programs
- Establish and confirm the counselling relationship
As well as other relevant skills and knowledge to support a healthy restorative connection with clients managing mental health issues.
Course Subjects/ Unit Outline
- CHCADV005 Provide systems advocacy services
- CHCDIV001 Work with diverse people
- CHCDIV002 Promote Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander cultural safety
- CHCMHS002 Establish self‐directed recovery relationships
- CHCMHS003 Provide recovery oriented mental health services
- CHCMHS004 Work collaboratively with the care network and other services
- CHCMHS005 Provide services to people with co‐existing mental health and alcohol and other drugs issues
- CHCMHS009 Provide early intervention, health prevention and promotion programs
- CHCMHS010 Implement recovery oriented approaches to complexity
- CHCMHS011 Assess and promote social, emotional and physical wellbeing
- CHCMHS012 Provide support to develop wellness plans and advanced directives
- CHCMHS013 Implement trauma informed care
- CHCPOL003 Research and apply evidence to practice
- CHCPRP003 Reflect on and improve own professional practice
- HLTWHS004 Manage work health and safety
- CHCCSL001 Establish and confirm the counselling relationship
- CHCCCS004 Assess co‐existing needs
- CHCCSM005 Develop, facilitate and review all aspects of case management
- CHCDEV001 Confirm client developmental status
- CHCEDU001 Provide community focused health promotion and prevention strategies